Extension of the permanent exhibition in the second floor, additional topics were added:
Learning and playing in the bunker
Air raids on Emden until 1944
Destruction of Emden on 6 September 1944
Reconstruction of the permanent exhibition in the second floor with new themes:
Life in the bunker
Reconstruction of the exhibition on the ground floor
And, among other things, the setting up of a doctor’s and health center.
2007 – 2008
Installation of an air dehumidifier in the museum. Concrete restoration and repainting of facades.
2 July 2006
Welcomed the 100,000th visitor.
Start of the reconstruction of the museum in the area of the gas sluice, installation of an old shelter door to and from bunker banks in the media room. Digitization of projection.
2004 – 2005
Formation of an advisory board for the reconstruction of the exhibition. Ten years of Bunkermuseum.
2000 – 2003
Attach the commemorative tablet for the casualties from air raids in the entrance area. Setting up the website. Start of the project “Fallen, Missed, Lost”, search for the names and whereabouts of the fallen Emder soldiers of the Second
1997 – 1999
Creation of new management sheets for the permanent exhibition and erection of the bunker as an out-of-school location. Special exhibition of the “Confederation of Homeland Refugees”.
September 1995 – 1996
The Bunkermuseum as the center of the commemorations to 6th September 1944. Installation of a “suitcase cube” and its networking with the bunker and the
People. Set up a professional slide show.
Presentation of the exhibition “1. Emder Culture Prize “at the Bunkermuseum.
6 May 1995
50 years after the end of the Second World War in East Friesland official opening of the Bunkermuseum. Among the guests were former Canadian bomber pilots from the squadrons that bombed Emden.
6 September 1994
Installation of an exhibition in the bunker Holzsägerstraße. Visit through more than 5,000 visitors on 30 opening days.
Foundation of the committee Bunkermuseum e. V.